A portable travel carbon monoxide detector is a must-have and must-pack travel accessory. News reports of vacationers killed while sleeping due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning are rare. But they do happen in hotel rooms, vacation rental homes, and villas. Carbon monoxide poisoning can even happen at home.
What is carbon monoxide
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless and colorless gas. You can’t see it, smell it, or taste it; but carbon monoxide can kill you. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause brain damage and death. The only way to be alerted to a dangerous build-up is to have a detector in place. Most hotels and some vacation rentals, like Airbnb, provide a carbon monoxide detector.However, not all lodgings do. If you travel you want to travel and sleep safely. We think you should travel with a portable travel carbon monoxide detector. Fortunately, portable travel carbon monoxide alarms are affordable and easy to pack and use.
A travel carbon monoxide detector helps you travel safely
A travel carbon monoxide detector is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and can protect your’s and your family’s life. It’s part of a smart traveler’s must-have items to pack. We suggest you keep it in your toiletries kit so it’s always ready to go and you don’t forget to pack it. Find one here for about $20.00… As a perspective, you’ll probably spend more on that poolside drink, so it is worth the investment.
Kidde Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector
First Alert Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm
Final thoughts on a portable carbon monoxide detector
Because carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas, it is known as the “silent killer.” Carbon monoxide is produced by some common household appliances including gas water heaters. When were these appliances last checked at your vacation home, condo, or hotel room, particularly in another country? Travel with peace of mind. Be informed and learn more about CO from the CDC.
More Articles You May Like